Friday, July 11, 2008

New Rank, New Uniform..



This week was "THE PASS OVER" week, where I went from being a Petty Officer Second Class in the Canadian NAVY to a Corporal Air Force in one day. I have to say that I had mixed feelings about this one. So I got called in by my Commanding Officer in his office, I knew exactly what it was for, to take away the little power I had on my shoulder and kick me out of the Chief's and Petty Officer's mess as quick as possible which is the mess you want to be in when it comes to the NAVY. Looking at them putting my Corporals on my shoulder was very exciting because I knew it was one step closer to my dream of becoming a SAR Tech. The following day, I was still very proud and excited about putting on my new uniform and being a Cpl for the second time around in my career. In the NAVY, ranks are very important and respected so as I was walking on the base proudly to the clothing store to get some of my new DAU's I quickly realized that been a Cpl, you dont get the same level of respect compare to a PO2. Therefore, I will tell you one thing, I have no problem with it at all because I know myself better then anyone else and I will never forget what I achieved in the NAVY or where I am coming from, which I am very proud of. On that note I would rather be a Cpl SAR Tech anyday and can not wait for the long road to unfold in front of me.

1 comment:

cathy said...

salut ptit frere, nous avons visite ton site vraiment cool bonne job, nous sommes vraiment fiere de toi, mais je dois avouer que je pris tous les soirs pour faire certain que tout sera correct pour toi... sois prudent love you cathy.xxx